Re: [std-proposals] std::shared_ptr resurrect

From: Marcin Jaczewski <marcinjaczewski86_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 15:28:52 +0100
wt., 12 gru 2023 o 15:23 Jason McKesson via Std-Proposals
<std-proposals_at_[hidden]> napisaƂ(a):

> On Tue, Dec 12, 2023 at 6:56 AM Valentin Palade via Std-Proposals
> <std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > The main requirements behind resurrect are:
> >
> > lock free
> > preserving the control block that was allocated initially for the object.
> >
> > Because of the second idea, we cannot efficiently move away from the old pointer as we'll need to reallocate the control block.
>
> Moving from a shared_ptr doesn't cause any reallocation.

But Valentin problem is that someone else can still use it for other purposes.
Everyone can move them but nobody can be sure who "owns" it.
This function is used to determine who can keep this object pointed by
a pointer.