Re: [std-proposals] [[packed]] std::unaligned

From: Gašper Ažman <gasper.azman_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 16:01:19 +0000
Arthur,

Yes, at least I was envisioning it to work akin to std::atomic<T> - with a
load and a store, and nothing else. It's just a veneer over a char[] with
typed fetch/store so that you don't lose the type information while passing
it to things, but otherwise _IT IS NOT A T_, you can't form a T& or a T*
from it, etc.