Re: [std-proposals] [[packed]] std::unaligned

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham <cauldwell.thomas_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 00:35:46 +0000
On Sunday, December 10, 2023, Lénárd Szolnoki wrote:

> An attribute is the wrong tool for this as it is ignorable. Maybe once
> metaclasses land then it could be feasible, and still a pure library
> implementation.

Then we can lose the square brackets, something like:

    typedef struct TokenInfo -> packed -> TicketInfo;

or maybe:

    typedef nopadding struct TokenInfo TicketInfo;

or maybe:

    using TicketInfo = TokenInfo - padding;

or maybe:

    struct(packed) TicketInfo <- TokenInfo;

I can ask ChatGPT to suggest a dozen syntaxes.