Re: [std-proposals] [[packed]] std::unaligned

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2023 15:49:20 -0800
On Friday, 8 December 2023 12:43:21 PST Frederick Virchanza Gotham via Std-
Proposals wrote:
> Just to see if we're all singing from the same hymn sheet . . . Would we
> start out something like the following?

Something like it, but not that. The operations defined there must either be a
very restricted set (get and set, probably) or be based on what the template
type is. You can't do shifts on floating point and you can't do arithmetic on
structures.