[std-proposals] Fwd: Fw: Supporting f-strings in C++: draft-R1

From: Jason McKesson <jmckesson_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 18:52:16 -0400
I missed sending this to the ML.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jason McKesson <jmckesson_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, Oct 15, 2023 at 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: [std-proposals] Fw: Supporting f-strings in C++: draft-R1
To: coshvji cujmlqef <oyzawqgcfc_at_[hidden]>

On Sun, Oct 15, 2023 at 3:27 PM coshvji cujmlqef <oyzawqgcfc_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Nobody complains LOL. people like you just ignore them. there are tons of people i know complaining about std::format. i have entire discord of people disagreeing.

Because self-selection bias doesn't exist, right?

> If you think std::format has no security design flaw then why you have defect report by its author talked about it?

I didn't say that it has "no security design flaw". I said that
"security flaws" were *not* a topic of this conversation. It's a thing
*you* injected into it.

> Do you think forcing format string to be compile time only is going to fix anything?

Nobody claimed that it would. Nobody is arguing for F-strings on the
basis of fixing this security flaw. Again *you* are the only person in
this thread who brought security flaws up.