Re: [std-proposals] Should std::to_string be deprecated?

From: Jonathan Sweemer <sweemer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 19:41:22 +0900
Right, if backwards compatibility for std::to_string(char) needs to be
preserved (for better or for worse) then this exercise becomes a lot less
attractive in my opinion.

But if I understand correctly, P2587 somewhat broke backwards compatibility
for floating-point arguments, so where do we draw the line? (I'm genuinely
curious, as I am not an expert.)

Alternatively, what if we simply added something to the C++ Core Guidelines
to the effect of "use std::format for new code, and migrate from
std::to_string to std::format if possible"?