Re: [std-proposals] An efficient event-based coroutine solution

From: Jens Maurer <jens.maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 15:23:48 +0200
Hi,

I'd suggest that you read https://isocpp.org/std/submit-a-proposal in detail.

You've shown a few coroutine-based examples on that page, but it's unclear
to me what the actual interface to the underlying functionality is.

Which part does your library provide, and which part does the user have
to provide? A Redis client library, for example, is not part of the
C++ standard. Do you propose to make it so?

Please also see P2300 for a more general execution framework

https://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2023/p2300r7.html

(including interfacing with coroutines), and

https://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2023/p2762r1.pdf

for integrating networking in that sender/receiver framework.

What does your library offer that the combination of these two
proposals does not provide?

Jens