Re: [std-proposals] template catch block

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham <cauldwell.thomas_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 13:09:31 +0100
On Saturday, September 23, 2023, Andrey Semashev wrote:

> This is insane, you have no idea what you're talking about. No gigs of RAM
> will save you in a moderately sized project with thousands of types, let
> alone something like Chromium. Don't even get me started about how the
> compiler is supposed to know every type in the program.

It only needs to know every type encountered so far in the translation unit.

Give me a link to one of those Chromium source files, I'll run it through a
preprocessor to get a translation unit, and then I'll run my own
proprietary parser on it to get all the types -- let's see if it's in the
thousands, and let's see how many of the implementations have identical
machine code.