Re: [std-proposals] Std-Proposals Digest, Vol 54, Issue 17

From: Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 22:56:43 +0300
On Sun, 3 Sept 2023 at 11:35, trtaab trtaab via Std-Proposals
<std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Oh yeah. Their work LOL.
>

> Working on 7 years for nothing but a completely utter historical mistake like std::format, charconv instead of finding a solution to fix iostream? Std::addressof a C++11 feature only made freestanding after C++23?
>

> Exceptions being a completely joke even before I was born?
>

> What are the work WG21 is doing?

You mean Modules, Coroutines, Concepts, Ranges, and more? And in the
future, linear algebra, Senders & Receivers, Reflection, and more?

And, if you care about freestanding, fixing various problems with
freestanding. WG12 has been doing that for quite a while, more of it
in the recent
years than ten years ago, but still.

> I think I have very right to attack and insult politicians in WG21.

Well, since you're not the only person who likes to entertain and
maintain this incorrect meme of WG21
being composed of only clueless and detached language priests and
politicians, it has in its ranks

- the people who implement the compilers you use
- the people who implement the standard libraries that you use
- people who contribute to the above without getting paid for it
- people who, in addition to their day job, produce the proposals that
make future C++ what it is, including implementing
and bugfixing those proposals before and after getting them discussed by WG21
- a large bunch of programmers who aren't politicians, but spend
hundreds of hours per year doing volunteer work on improving the C++
standard and future proposals for it
- a large bunch of programmers who voluntarily fix bugs in projects
that aren't their responsibility or day job, they just
do it as a drive-by when someone points out to them that something
somewhere has a bug
- and then some

You don't have any right to attack or insult any of them. None of them
have any responsibility to put elevated priority and focus
on your problems.