Re: [std-proposals] Macro scope

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 12:11:47 -0700
On Thursday, 31 August 2023 22:34:29 PDT BAMBYK via Std-Proposals wrote:
> This is similar to a regular namespace but with macros. Libraries does
> often use macros and it is usually done by a large of capital letters with
> the identificator of library at the beginning (boost for example):
> BOOST_<macro meaning>

Anything to do with the preprocessor needs to take the following into account:

1) Modules: what's the value of the feature when modules are taken into
account? Is the functionality still relevant at all? Is it compatible with
what modules can do to macro exports?

2) WG14 (the C language): we share a preprocessor with them, so is this
feature valuable to them? They may see a value we don't because of modules. So
you may want to liaise with them too.