Re: [std-proposals] Every variable is volatile, everything is laundered, no optimisation

From: Hyman Rosen <hyrosen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 22:32:16 -0400
For a variety of reasons, using weird compiler options is not tenable
across an organization.

I only replied because "optimizationists" were mentioned. Having argued
years ago until I was figuratively blue in the face for strict left-to-
right order of evaluation to absolutely no avail, I have given up on
expecting my point of view to ever go anywhere. If I needed a last straw,
eliding access to automatic volatile variables was it.

I'm retired now, so I don't have to deal with this stuff any more. It's my
son's turn now :-)

I still love to point out the order of evaluation abomination that is

int &a();
int &b();