Re: [std-proposals] Every variable is volatile, everything is laundered, no optimisation

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 16:00:34 -0700
On Friday, 25 August 2023 02:23:55 PDT Frederick Virchanza Gotham via Std-
Proposals wrote:
> I've occasionally seen people use the compiler switch "-O0" with the
> GNU compiler and also with LLVM.

I've seen that too and it's usually to work around broken code. Fair, it's
broken because we decided it is. So why isn't the solution to fix the broken
code? What's difference in cost of fixing that instead of changing the standard
and all the compilers? How widespread is this problem?

As usual, you're placing the cart ahead of the oxen. Start with the problem
that needs to be solved, show that it deserves solving and that the solution
by implementing your proposed change is the lesser cost compared to
alternatives.