Re: [std-proposals] C++ never had a compiler without a stack

From: Jason McKesson <jmckesson_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 15:55:15 -0400
On Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at 2:43 PM Frederick Virchanza Gotham via
Std-Proposals <std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> But more to the point: We should have control of stuff in C++. Every
> C++ platform has a stack, so give us access to it. Just because I can
> only come up with one good use for it now doesn't mean someone else
> won't come up with a use for it later.

That's not a good reason. Indeed, that's basically an admission that
this shouldn't be adopted.

C++ is already a very complicated language. Adding to that complexity
because you hope that someone, at some point in the future, *might*
find it useful is a waste of time.

"What would you use it for" is a really low bar to clear for most
feature requests. And this one doesn't even clear that bar.