Re: [std-proposals] Return Value Optimisation whenever you need it (guaranteed elision)

From: Jason McKesson <jmckesson_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 09:28:22 -0400
This "proposal" is not a proposal. It's just an explanation of some
playing around with code you've done. You never suggest any changes to
the language or library. You simply said "hey, we can get the effects
of eliding named objects by doing these things".

But you don't actually propose adding them to the language or library.

Equally importantly, there is no discussion of why this library
solution is better than the language changes that have been proposed
to accomplish the same thing.

Also, just from a structural perspective, you absolutely should not
end page X with a sentence of the form, "on page X+1, we will discuss
Y".