Re: [std-proposals] Coroutines: Add explicit initialization by "co_init" operator

From: Pavel Vazharov <freakpv_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 17:16:20 +0300
> When this method is implemented as a coroutine, then IoHandle is created
> by get_return_object() from the promise *before* any code in
> do_something() is executed.
> So, how should I now pass on the pointer to the device instance into the
> IoHandle???
According to the Lewiss Baker's blog -
https://lewissbaker.github.io/2018/09/05/understanding-the-promise-type#constructing-the-promise-object

Once all of the parameters have been copied into the coroutine frame, the
coroutine then constructs the promise object. The reason the parameters are
copied prior to the promise object being constructed is to allow the
promise object to be given access to the post-copied parameters in its
constructor.* First, the compiler checks to see if there is an overload of
the promise constructor that can accept lvalue references to each of the
copied parameters. If the compiler finds such an overload then the compiler
generates a call to that constructor overload*. If it does not find such an
overload then the compiler falls back to generating a call to the promise
type’s default constructor.