Re: [std-proposals] Concurrent containers

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham <cauldwell.thomas_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 22:09:55 +0100
On Thu, Aug 3, 2023 at 8:48 PM Phil Bouchard via Std-Proposals
<std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> No proposal here but if that can save time to anybody including myself,
> Intel already developed a concurrent library called "oneTBB":
> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/oneapi-standalone-components.html#onetbb
>
> Hopefully that'll make its way to the standards one day.

Two years ago I wrote an audio server from scratch on Linux, which
allowed a 'one way phonecall'. I had one thread reading from the
network card, and another thread sending audio samples to the sound
card. I found Boost's container "single-producer single-consumer
queue" perfect for this:

    https://theboostcpplibraries.com/boost.lockfree

They also have a lockfree stack.