Re: [std-proposals] Proposal for Uniform Forward And Move

From: Timur Doumler <cpp_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 09:39:52 +0300
It seems that this proposal introduces a new parsing ambiguity:

`name(name&&)` can now mean either a function type: `type(type&&)` or a function call with a forwarded parameter. The trickiest problem for C++ parsers is that if you see `name` you generally don't know if it's a type or a value so you have to do semantic analysis to disambiguate those cases and parse the code correctly.

Given the above, I would recommend to consult with compiler implementers and get confirmation that this proposal does not present implementation problems for C++ parsers, before pursuing this idea further.

Cheers,
Timur