Re: [std-proposals] D2879R0 Proposal of Pythonesque std::print extensions LIVE LINK

From: Victor Zverovich <victor.zverovich_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 06:54:49 -0700
I think overloading print to either take or not take a format string is not
a good idea because it subtly changes code semantics depending on whether
the first argument is a string or not. If you pick a different name for the
functionality you are proposing then I won't be opposed but not
particularly interested in this either because the usability benefits are
minimal.

Cheers,
Victor