Re: [std-proposals] Fwd: set_new_handler extension

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2023 18:28:40 -0300
On Friday, 7 April 2023 14:24:56 -03 Phil Bouchard via Std-Proposals wrote:
> These tools or the Address Sanitizer don't work with CUDA so you require
> a better implementation of the STL or some run-time bounds checker.

CUDA is NVIDIA, not Microsoft.

> Well if you read the title of the thread, my initial goal was to clean
> up this mess with a virtual table-based heap allocator so any client
> could implement their own implementations for better safety or better
> low latency algorithms.

So far, I've only heard of a solution in search of a problem to solve. You ned
to start with the *problem* that needs solving first. In this thread, we've
heard several times that you thought that Microsoft's heap had a problem, only
to later be told that the bug was elsewhere. You've alluded to security,
performance, and latency, but have not yet shown the problem that needs
solving and discussed the multiple possible solutions for them.

Do note that because you've cried wolf three too many times in this thread
alone, you're going to be greeted with a very skeptical audience.

Finally, this mailing list is NOT the standards committee. We're a group of
enthusiasts who do offer advice, but we're not official gatekeepers. You can
disagree with everyone and go straight to a paper for the actual committee.