Re: [std-proposals] allowing unicode rightarrow as a substitute for ->

From: Julien Allali <julien.allali_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 08:45:30 +0100
As I say: it is mostly anecdotal but acceptable as non-ASCII character
are already in standard (for variable name, you can use character such
as "é" for example). The "cost" for such proposal is almost nothing and
the benefit is purely visual:

A *p;

p→m();

in addition to (not in place of) the classical:

p->m();

The symbol → is U+2192. The implementation in an editor or IDE would be
easy.

For other characters (U+27E8 ...), I do not see any benefit at all, even
visually.