Re: [std-proposals] allowing unicode rightarrow as a substitute for ->

From: Jens Maurer <jens.maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 08:30:45 +0100
On 20/01/2023 08.05, Julien Allali via Std-Proposals wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Even if it looks anecdotal, I would like to suggest support for unicode
> right arrow character → as a valid substitution for ->.

Which character exactly are you talking about? Please indicate the
code point number.

Why? What would be the benefit? This suggestion would make the
basic C++ syntax non-ASCII, which seems a non-starter to me.

Why only the right arrow character, and not any of the other
look-alikes for C++ syntax characters, e.g.

U+27E8 MATHEMATICAL LEFT ANGLE BRACKET
U+27E9 MATHEMATICAL RIGHT ANGLE BRACKET

?

Jens