Re: [std-proposals] Designated initializers without braces (aka keyword arguments)

From: Ivan Matek <libbooze_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 03:13:31 +0100
On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 11:53 PM Andrew Tomazos via Std-Proposals <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 9:13 AM Kyle Knoepfel via Std-Proposals <
> std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> auto value = value_at(.x=1, .y=2);
>>

> I think that syntax should be reserved for a future designated arguments
> feature. See D2288R0 here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/14sQA95BVz8F7y-tqXxqXiRENvEusn8MzZgoBXMu4UbI

I have not been following this discussion, but from an outsider point of
. screams member access, not sure why would you want dot in a function
argument syntax. Again I am open to being wrong, this is my reaction after
reading proposal for 2 minutes. :)