Re: [std-proposals] New attribute to add implicit using statements for template parameter lists

From: Ryan Klaus <rfklaus117_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 11:15:22 -0600
I think this is a fair criticism. Not sure I necessarily agree with it,
especially with the bit about it being only a "marginally" improvement for
the reader as this scales pretty well across all call-sites, but I can see
how this could potentially make code harder to read if used inappropriately
(though that can be said about a lot of things in the language). That being
said, P0028R4 (i.e. "Using attribute namespaces without repetition")
could've also been rejected on similar grounds of being "not particularly
motivating to work on". In terms of readability improvements, this proposal
leaves that one in the dust, in my opinion. Though, as Peter pointed out,
this does break the ignorable attribute rule, so it's still probably not a
solid proposal in the current syntax.