Re: [std-proposals] Pragmas using multiple C++ standards within the same project

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 11:27:06 -0800
On Sunday, 27 November 2022 09:11:22 PST Mehmet Kayaalp via Std-Proposals
wrote:
> Take a house metaphor. We continuously have been hoarding all new modern
> tools and storing them in this house, which has a limited capacity. The
> limitation here refers to our cognitive capacity. The bar you set for a
> “good” C++ programmer is raised every three years and, unfortunately, “the
> sky is the limit” does not apply to most mere mortals.

That analogy only works if the house is the TARDIS (bigger on the inside). You
may forget that you have something stored there (cognitive capacity), but it
doesn't hinder you if it is still there.

That said, we are deprecating things.

You're not addressing any of the comments of the problems with having such a
pragma. As far as I can tell, you proposal adds nothing that we aren't already
doing but introduces problems.