Re: [std-proposals] Proper Unicode support

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 08:36:58 -0500
> On Nov 11, 2022, at 6:39 AM, Bjorn Reese via Std-Proposals <std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> On 11/11/22 11:28, Francesco Pretto via Std-Proposals wrote:
>
>> What's the current state of C++ standardization with regard to Unicode support? What can be expected for the future?
>
> https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16

SG16 has mostly been focused on improvements to the core language so far. We do need to transition to more focus on the standard library. To that end, there has been much discussion, but we haven’t had much for proposals to review.

Francesco, check out some of the projects listed on the page that Bjorn linked. We know that we want to provide range-based utilities for the operations you mentioned. But we have a lot to do to get there.

SG16 is an open group and participation and contributions are welcome!

Tom.