Re: [std-proposals] [DRAFT PAPER] Allowing the establishment of namespace scopes in an export-declaration

From: Zopolis0 <creatorsmithmdt_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 20:00:00 +1000
> This is a claim made without any evidence that such a thing (using
> namespaces "without wrapping files in namespace blocks") is even
>*desireable* let alone something worthy of a language change.

I'm not sure how to give "evidence" that something is desirable.
Something is desirable if people desire it. Clearly, you do not desire it,
but I do.

> Why do you want this? Why is this a good thing for the language,
> besides your apparent personal distaste for visible namespace blocks?

Genuine question here, what do you want me to say?
I want this for the reasons I listed. To not have to wrap implementation
files in namespace blocks, and to be able to simply and clearly declare a
namespace. Out of the three main projects I work on, all of them have
different ways of handling the namespace issue, none of which are
satisfactory, to me or the authors.

This is a good thing for the language, in my opinion, because of the
reasons I listed. It solves the issue of how to export namespaces in a way
that is compact, clear, simple and works well in several situations.