Re: [std-proposals] [DRAFT PAPER] Allowing the establishment of namespace scopes in an export-declaration

From: Jason McKesson <jmckesson_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 00:17:52 -0400
On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 11:58 PM Zopolis0 via Std-Proposals
<std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Just a draft paper with a more slimmed down version of my original proposal. Generated from https://github.com/Zopolis4/wg21/blob/master/DRAFT.md with a bit of manual editing and cleanup at the end.
>
> Looking for feedback on the wording and formatting of the paper.

I'm not sure what feedback you're expecting to get, as you have solved
basically none of the issues raised in the thread. The first paragraph
of your motivation is deficient in exactly the ways previously
discussed:

> While headers allow one to relatively easily use namespaces without wrapping files in namespace blocks, modules have no such equivalent. Using headers, one can wrapping the header files in namespace blocks and prepending the namespace onto the functions in the implementation file, although this is against good style.

This is a claim made without any evidence that such a thing (using
namespaces "without wrapping files in namespace blocks") is even
*desireable* let alone something worthy of a language change.

Why do you want this? Why is this a good thing for the language,
besides your apparent personal distaste for visible namespace blocks?