Re: [std-proposals] Proposal: std::obj_from_dmbr

From: Michael Scire <sciresm_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 16:36:17 -0700
I e-mailed std::proposals about this last year
(std::parent_of_member/std::containing_object_of_member), and got as far as
writing a proposal paper, though I got too busy to submit it as a
P-numbered proposal/etc.

See here:
https://github.com/SciresM/containing_object_of_member/blob/master/containing_object_of_member.pdf

I am still interested in submitting the above, and it's the same
fundamental operation you're requesting here.