Re: [std-proposals] Proposal: std::obj_from_dmbr

From: Phil Bouchard <boost_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 19:23:26 -0400
On 8/21/22 19:10, Walt Karas wrote:
> Yes I'd bet big this technique is an often reinvented wheel.
>
> Why do you prefer two static casts involving void * over a reinterpret
> cast? Also, your C style cast is really a reinterpret cast. I think
> the reason for having reinterpret cast is that it's a (greppable)
> warning that something is dangerous. And this technique is fairly
> dangerous, mistakes can elude static checking.

Yeah I just got the habit of not using any reinterpret_casts from the
Boost community standards, so it's just another way of writing them down.

And I wasn't sure how alignments and little to big endian machines would
convert them.

> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2022 at 4:38 PM, Phil Bouchard via Std-Proposals
> <std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Email Signature
Logo <https://www.fornux.com/>
*Phil Bouchard*  facebook icon
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/phil-bouchard-5723a910/>
CTO
T: (819) 328-4743
E: phil_at_[hidden]| www.fornux.com <http://www.fornux.com>
1188 rue Saint-Louis| Gatineau (Qc), J8T 2L8 Canada
Banner <https://goglobalawards.org/> Le message ci-dessus, ainsi que les
documents l'accompagnant, sont destinés uniquement aux personnes
identifiées et peuvent contenir des informations privilégiées,
confidentielles ou ne pouvant être divulguées. Si vous avez reçu ce
message par erreur, veuillez le détruire.
This communication (and/or the attachments) is intended for named
recipients only and may contain privileged or confidential information
which is not to be disclosed. If you received this communication by
mistake please destroy all copies.