Re: [std-proposals] Standard library should have a simple 'gate' for multithreading

From: Hyman Rosen <hyrosen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 14:11:21 -0400
On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 11:24 AM Thiago Macieira via Std-Proposals <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hence the rule: NEVER use a std::pair. There are no exceptions, zero, nada,
> nil.

If we cannot trust the language standardization process to produce a usable
library type that just represents a pair of things, why would we trust it
to produce usable library types for concurrent programming, or for anything
else, for that matter? Isn't this a sign that something is dreadfully
wrong?