Re: [std-proposals] Quick Idea: Enable/Disable Auto Gens

From: Sebastian Wittmeier <wittmeier_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 14:02:39 +0200
Hi Oktlryk, sorry, in my answer  endis Stuff(setMe);  should be  endis Stuff{setMe};   Best, Sebastian   -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- Von:Oktlryk via Std-Proposals <std-proposals_at_[hidden]> Gesendet:Fr 08.07.2022 11:57 Betreff:[std-proposals] Quick Idea: Enable/Disable Auto Gens An:std-proposals_at_[hidden]; CC:Oktlryk <oktlryk_at_[hidden]>; Hello  I was doing a course over at Udemy on Unreal Engine C++ programming, and tons of the code (I mean there were a lotta functions involving this) enabled or disabled some boolean or set some value to true/false, as like in semaphore types.  And I had to write two functions for each like: void EnableStuff() + void DisableStuff(). Which got me thinking, why not handle this at the language level. Like you could indicate if a function was a Enable/Disable actuator and only require the expressed inclusion of the function in definition. For example:  void endis Stuff(bool setMe); // endis (Enable/Disable keyword)  then when calling:  Stuff.enable() = enable // sets setMe to true Stuff.disable() = disable // sets setMe to false  And C++ automatically generates the enable/disable switches, not requiring further function defs and so on!! This will definitely be a super cool improvement to the C++ QOL.    -- Std-Proposals mailing list Std-Proposals_at_[hidden] https://lists.isocpp.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/std-proposals