Re: [std-proposals] Explicit template parameters

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 16:58:37 -0700
On Sunday, 3 July 2022 05:02:06 PDT Frederick Virchanza Gotham via Std-
Proposals wrote:
> My own suggestion I think got lost in the paperwork back and
> forth, and so I would like to bring it to people's attention again now, as
> I've shared the idea elsewhere and people seeming to be overwhelming in
> support of it.

Just addressing this bit here: this list is not the ISO committee and there is
no paperwork going on here. This is a discussion between people who would like
to make a proposal and others who could help the proponents improve their
proposals.

But to get something into the language, you have to actually write a paper
yourself and submit it to the committee. This list isn't it and it is very
rare you'll get someone else to say "good idea, I'll write the paper for you".
You must be prepared to write the paper, whether you get any feedback or not
(and sometimes if you disagree with the feedback; it is your prerogative).