Re: [std-proposals] Implicitly accepting leading default function/template argument values

From: Gergely Nagy <gergely.nagy.alt_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 21:25:52 +0100
Hey,

I actually planned to write a detailed proposal on default values, bc I
think they are kinda restrictive currently.

What I suggest for this particular use case to simply use the default
keyword, because it is not ambiguous in this context.

   f(1,default,3)

would be the proposed syntax. I have other ideas, for example inheriting
(in class inheritance) and *overriding* defaults in virtual functions.
(This is not as hard as one might think.)

Thanks,
   Gergely

Barry Revzin via Std-Proposals <std-proposals_at_[hidden]> ezt írta
(időpont: 2022. márc. 6., V, 21:13):

> On Sun, Mar 6, 2022 at 9:54 AM Arthur O'Dwyer via Std-Proposals <
> std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 6, 2022 at 10:26 AM David Jones via Std-Proposals <
>> std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> Consider the function
>>>
>>> void foo(int i = 1, int j = 2, int k = 3);
>>>
>>> *Trailing *default argument values can be accepted implicitly by simply skipping
>>> them in the function call:
>>>
>>> foo(); //Accept default values for i, j, and k
>>> foo(1); //Accept default values for j and k, supply value for i