Re: [std-proposals] New features for enum class

From: Francesco Pretto <ceztko_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 20:43:21 +0100
Sorry for not commenting your proposals on the merits: from a quick
fly by I don't see the most important missing feature from C# enums
that is the bitwise operator enabled for enums with [Flags]
attribute[1]. Even ObjectiveC has a similar feature (NS_OPTIONS
enums[2]). Sure, it's possible to add overloads[3] for bitwise
operators but it would be much more handy if the c++ standard
supported natively this behavior with a descriptor of sort. I highly
recommend to add it in your proposal because it would be sad to
discuss again about enums after years and forgetting this once again.

Regards,
Francesco

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.flagsattribute?view=net-6.0
[2] https://developer.apple.com/documentation/swift/objective-c_and_c_code_customization/grouping_related_objective-c_constants#2990347