Re: Public member lambdas ( auto-type and designated arguments )

From: Jason McKesson <jmckesson_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 19:50:31 -0500
On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 4:44 PM Cleiton Santoia via Std-Proposals
<std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I have an idea for relaxing lambda syntax
> Please, tell me if it´s a non-starter or if it may be something interesting.

If you're going to propose something, there should probably be a
reason for it. You haven't explained what problems you're trying to
solve here.

It seems like you're trying to make some kind of struct/tuple syntax
with easier creation and access. But the syntax is wrong. It uses
square brackets, but the main C++ syntax that represents a sequence of
values is curly braces. Indeed, when it comes to multiple values,
square brackets are used to decompose sequences of values, not to
create them.

Using a lambda makes absolutely no sense here. Lambdas are callable
function objects; capturing values is simply a means to the end of
making that function useful.

While a language tuple might be a good thing, I'm not convinced that
lambda capturing semantics are a good fit for it.