Re: Poisoned initializers

From: Antoine Viallon <antoine_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 19:12:41 +0000
12 juin 2021 16:49 "Tom Honermann via Std-Proposals" <std-proposals_at_[hidden] (mailto:std-proposals_at_[hidden]?to=%22Tom%20Honermann%20via%20Std-Proposals%22%20<std-proposals_at_[hidden]>)> a écrit: In either case, I think there is a need to be able to propagate poison/taint. I know it might sound dump, but, like what we do with the nullptr keyword, wouldn't a new keyword, like "undefined" for instance, be the best solution for that? If a variable has this pseudo-value, it means to the compiler that it is uninitialized, and appropriate warnings can be fired if the compiler can prove a variable with the "undefined" value is being used. It would only have effects during compilation, and would be completely "removed" during runtime. What do you think? Antoine Viallon