Re: C++ becomes ++C april fools' day proposal

From: Magnus Fromreide <magfr_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 01:08:19 +0100
On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 03:42:19PM +0100, Dominic Fandrey via Std-Proposals wrote:
> I suggest you announce that C++ will be rebranded ++C with the coming
> ++C23 standard, to discourage unnecessary use of the post decrement operator.

I claim that C++ is a valid use of the post increment operator.

We all want a well considered and worked through standard, i.e. the released
version of it, not some half-baked work in progress and since we all know
preincrement normally returns a reference to current object that half-
baked thing is what it will give us.

We are all better off sticking to post increment in this case.

/MF