Subject: Re: [std-proposals] Remove restriction on deduction guides.
From: Ville Voutilainen (ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-02-20 08:21:03

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 at 16:14, Bengt Gustafsson via Std-Proposals
<std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> PS: I just found on GodBoilt an experimental Clang version called NDSMI which allows auto and CTAD on data members. Does anyone know who did this and if it has a corresponding proposal? Such a feature would fit nicely with the relaxation I refer to here, to allow wrapping lambdas in member constructors and similar.

It's problematic:
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2014/n3897.html

I think I can skate around this problem by applying the hammer of code
injection to this nail, by writing
a code injection metafunction that takes the initializer as an
argument, and then injects a member
of the result type of the initializer, and injects the initializer for
the member.