Subject: Re: [std-proposals] std::tree
From: Magnus Fromreide (magfr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-02-06 06:45:54

On Fri, Feb 05, 2021 at 07:13:25PM +0100, Bjorn Reese via Std-Proposals wrote:
> On 2021-02-05 19:08, Magnus Fromreide via Std-Proposals wrote:
>
> > I have, once more, stumbled over the fact that std::tree doesn't exist.
>
> See also http://wg21.link/n3700

That covers a lot more ground but also fails to provide algorithms like find,
lower_bound, upper_bound or even the concept of a key_type.

I get the feeling that n3700 only allows for iterating over the stored data,
there is no lookup parts.

In particular I see my trees as supporting [tab:container.assoc.req] but with
value_type set to ValueType and key_type set to KeyType.

/MF