Re: Friend namespace

From: Gašper Ažman <gasper.azman_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 14:42:40 +0000
There's a pattern for this:

class myclass {
   friend class testing_backdoor; // no need for this to exist anywhere,
and have a linter make sure non-test code doesn't have a definition
private:
   int p;
};

then in your test:

struct testing_backdoor {
   static int get_p(myclass const& x) { return x.p; }
};

Every test file only defines the backdoors it needs, so encapsulation
violations are defined at the top of the test file in this class, as well
as on every use - classes with static member functions, unlike namespaces,
require explicit qualification with testing_backdoor::.

Do name it exactly "testing_backdoor" - that's an important tell, it's
long, and obvious, and greppable.

Namespaces for this purpose are wrong, because "using namespace" exists.