Subject: [std-proposals] std::expected (P0323R9) - Omissions and Errors
From: Emile Cormier (emile.cormier.jr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-11-14 13:46:04

Hi Everyone,

I have submitted a pull request with proposed fixes to the std::expected
proposal: https://github.com/jfbastien/papers/pull/71

Associated issue: https://github.com/jfbastien/papers/issues/72

If someone could review the proposed fixes, that would be great.

There doesn't seem to have been much activity on std:expected since 2019.
Is this due to Sutter's zero-overhead deterministic exceptions proposal?
Even if the committee abandons std::expected in favor of Sutter's proposal,
implementations of std::expected would still be useful for projects
constrained to older compilers. I'm aware of Boost.Outcome, but it requires
C++14.

Cheers,
Emile Cormier