Re: Conditional final class-virt-specifier

From: Paweł Benetkiewicz <pawel.benetkiewicz_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 19:16:10 +0200
> If you want to limit what classes can use a class as a base, make everything
(esp. constructors) in the class private, make the "welcome" classes
friends and ensure that they behave. That's what some of us have indeed been
doing for many years in order to limit the set of classes that can inherit
from a particular base, and suggestions for some more direct facility
haven't come up, because that was unnecessary.

This way you disallow instantiation of a class, not the inheritance itself.
My proposal is about conditionally disallowing inheritance, not
instantiation of a class.

If you can do what this proposal proposes, share your knowledge with the
community, please.
And the quoted recipe is invalid as it does not do what this proposal
proposes (it does not disallow inheritance at all).

[Note you can inherit from a class with all six special member functions
explicitly deleted. — end note].