Re: Template qualifiers

From: Brian Bi <bbi5291_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 14:00:19 -0600
I spoke with Gašper Ažman, author of the "deducing this" proposal and he
said that he considered the alternative approach (i.e., having
cv-qualifiers be separately deducible) but he thinks it would be a
multi-year effort to work out all the new template deduction rules. He also
had some other idea called "computed deduction" that he claims would take
care of some other cases like the std::is_function example I mentioned
previously. I still think it would be nice to have deducible cv-qualifiers
in the language, but I don't think I can commit the time to making the
proposal.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 1:18 PM Phil Bouchard via Std-Proposals <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Any decision made regarding what was previously discussed?
>

> Regards,
> --
>
> *Phil Bouchard*
> Founder