Re: A note on adding language features.

From: Arthur O'Dwyer <arthur.j.odwyer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 23:36:16 -0400
On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 10:12 PM Jefferson Carpenter via Std-Proposals <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I should have followed my own advice: never write things right before
> you go to sleep.

FWIW, I thought your manifesto was well-written, accurate, and needed. I
wish *more* programmers would speak up about C++! My only nitpick is that
you got a tiny bit hyperbolic in the last sentence. ;)

In their closing keynote of the Back-to-Basics track at CppCon 2019, "What
is C++?" Chandler Carruth and Titus Winters make a similar point about the
relative complexities of C (well, C89) and C++ — that essentially any
expert C programmer could write a C89 compiler given funding and time, but
essentially no expert C++ programmers today can write a C++ compiler. (If
this wasn't true of C++03, it's certainly true of C++11 constexpr; and it's
far-and-away true of C++2a concepts and coroutines!)

–Arthur