Subject: Re: [std-proposals] Allowing access to object representations
From: Timur Doumler (cpp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-21 14:11:44

This doesn't make sense to me. If I have an object of type int (or, say, a struct containing an int), then the value has 4 bytes. If I access that value by dereferencing a char pointer that aliases that object, all I can ever get from that char is a single byte. How can this be "the object"?

Cheers,
Timur

STD-PROPOSALS list run by herb.sutter at gmail.com