Re: More flexible break statements.

From: Hyman Rosen <hyrosen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 18:37:02 -0400
On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 5:47 PM Tony V E via Std-Proposals <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 4:30 PM Tae Lim Kook via Std-Proposals <
> std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> > Yeah, well, these ideas pop up every now and then. A paper containing
>> > them, http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2014/n3879.pdf
>> ,
>> > was discussed and rejected in Rapperswil 2014.
>> Is there a reason that the proposal above was rejected?
>
> "We need another control flow statement like we need another hole in our
> heads" - Bjarne Stroustrup
> (paraphrased)

This is so obviously the right thing to do that I'm confident that the
design of C++ is in the wrong hands, and has been for a long time.
There is nothing to be done unless an insurrection of people fed up
with the status quo join the committee and change its direction.