On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 5:47 PM Tony V E via Std-Proposals <std-proposals@lists.isocpp.org> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 4:30 PM Tae Lim Kook via Std-Proposals <std-proposals@lists.isocpp.org> wrote:
> Yeah, well, these ideas pop up every now and then. A paper containing
> them, http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2014/n3879.pdf,
> was discussed and rejected in Rapperswil 2014.
Is there a reason that the proposal above was rejected?
"We need another control flow statement like we need another hole in our heads" - Bjarne Stroustrup
(paraphrased)

This is so obviously the right thing to do that I'm confident that the
design of C++ is in the wrong hands, and has been for a long time.
There is nothing to be done unless an insurrection of people fed up
with the status quo join the committee and change its direction.