C++ Logo

std-discussion

Opt-In Compile Time Bounds Checking

From: Levo DeLellis <levo.delellis_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 21:03:22 -0500
Hi all. Last week I attended the CppNorth conference. I didn't realize
there was much interest in safety with C++. I've been implementing a
compiler that is slowly becoming memory safe so I thought maybe I should
submit a series of proposals since I'm already familiar with potential
pitfalls, solutions and implementation.

Here's a basic proposal attached, it's a small step towards memory safety.
Here I talk about opt-ing into a container that has bounds checking at
compile time. If there's any interest in having this in the standard I'd be
happy to write more about this and additional proposals going toward memory
safety