C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: Optional Semicolons

From: Lénárd Szolnoki <cpp_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 19:23:21 +0100
Hi,

I would like to add that this is an existing line break style. Some people like it, because the operator is visually close to both of the operands, and it's at a consistent place. clang-format also has an option for this (although somewhat broken).

It's especially nice that it can be easily parsed that the statement continues on the next line, because of the missing semicolon.

Cheers,
Lénárd