C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: Optional Semicolons

From: William Linkmeyer <wlink10_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 13:34:18 -0400
Some things will potentially change meaning — yes. But none of the examples here need to break existing code.

We could optionally elide semicolons if — and only if — one or both of these conditions are meta:

1. A statement could end with a semicolon and be syntactically acceptable
2. A statement is followed by another statement which also satisfies (1)

Perhaps (2) could be modified as “… or by the end of the current scope.”

WL